Manually Fed Woodchipper Course
A great course for people entering the industry, as we all start out feeding the chipper! Well structured training from friendly instructors that will stand you in good stead moving forwards in your arboricultural career.
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Relevant Health and safety legislation
- Personal protective equipment
- Pre-use checks and machine safety features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Cutting mechanism
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks
- Prepare work area and range of materials and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped
- Operation of woodchipper
- Unblocking chipper
- End-uses of woodchips and hazards from woodchips
- Cleaning, transport and storage
For information on price and course duration, please see our Ground Based Arb and Forestry Courses page.